Welcome to Reception!
This half term we are learning about plants and animals. We are growing our very own Sunflowers and Runner Beans. Inside our classroom, we have our very own pet caterpillars. We are watching them very closely to see how they change.
We are developing our ball skills and team work each week through exciting PE Lessons. We are improving every week and will soon be ready for Sports Day.
Take a look at what we have been getting up to:
Weekly Math Focus
This week we will be looking at comparing measurements:
Can you find the tallest object?
Can you order the objects according to their length?
Can you sequence your school day?
Do you know the order of the days of the week?
Weekly Phonics Focus
We have two phonics groups working through Phase 3 and Phase 4 phonics.
Phase 3 song to help learning at home:
Phase 3 phonic games:
Remember book changing day is Wednesday! Books are taken home on Fridays.
Weekly Focus Activities
We will be completing a range of activities this week as follows:
- School role play
- Mini beast stories in the reading corner
- Mixed material mini beast DT projects
- Creating your own world in our construction area
- Addition and Subtraction games in our maths area
- Story boards, life cycles and summer writing in our writing area
- Growing plants
- Looking after caterpillars
- Sand play
- Water Play
- Team games